OK, so when I was gone for a while b/c Chris’ Opa was sick and passing, I did some sewing. I did most of this sweater, which started off as a larger sweater that was mostly the same as this which I bought for $1 in a thriftstore for just this purpose. I was drawn to the cartoony stormy fabric. 🙂 Anywhoo, I didn’t bring along one of the cuffs (I had everything cut and just needed to sew at my friends’ place) and I didn’t have my zipper handy either. So today I quickly finished, and then made this sundress for DD as well. Then off we went to model them.
This sweater is definitely not my best work. But I was working with shoddy materials… I was just too in love with the pattern to care. 🙂
The dress is basically a skirt that was too ‘young’ for me to bother to wear (terrycloth and bright, cute but not me anymore) and I sewed down the sides and created a casing with a drawstring. Ideally I would have done two little buttonholes for the drawstring, but the machine tried to eat the terrycloth when I suggested that, so I cut a hole and used antifray stuff instead. This is just a beach coverup, I wasn’t gonna sweat it. If anyone wants a tutorial to do this with a cotton skirt refashion, though, say the word. I’m sure I can dig up a better skirt to do this to.